Going gray can be a natural and beautiful process, but for many people, it can also be a process they’re not ready to embrace. If you’re looking to cover your gray hair, choosing the right hair color can be a challenge. Here are some tips to help you find the best color for your gray hair.
1. Consider your skin tone: The first step in choosing the right hair color is to consider your skin tone. If you have cool undertones, choose colors that are ash or platinum, as they will complement your skin tone. If you have warm undertones, opt for colors that are golden or caramel; they will bring out the warm tones in your skin.
2. Match the original color: If you want a natural looking color, try to match your original hair color as closely as possible. This will make the transition from your gray hair to your new color much smoother and more natural looking.
3. Choose a shade lighter: If you’re covering gray hair for the first time, it’s best to choose a shade that’s lighter than your original color. This will make the transition from your gray hair to your new color much more gradual and less noticeable.
4. Go for highlights: If you’re not ready for a full head of color, consider adding highlights to your hair. This will give you a more natural looking result and allow your gray hair to blend in with the rest of your hair.
5. Use a semi-permanent color: If you’re not sure about a full head of color, try using a semi-permanent color. This type of color will fade over time and allow you to change your color without damaging your hair.
Choosing the right color for your gray hair can be a challenge, but by considering your skin tone, matching your original color, choosing a shade lighter, going for highlights, or using a semi-permanent color, you can find the best color for your hair.
Still need or want help deciding on the best hair color for you? Let one of our hair experts help guide you! Click here for a free consultation today!